Cross Wrap Board Packaging at Sveza
EDIT: Please note that for the time being, Cross Wrap, along with the Saalasti Group, has withdrawn from any Russian operations.
– As for now we can see clear benefits in automatic crosswrapping and will truly use this packaging method throughout our facilities to improve product shelf life, transporting possibilities and to cut back packaging costs and to improve our production capacity, SVEZA´s Kostroma Mill Director Mr. Viktor Tikhonov says.
Sveza company presentation
Russian SVEZA, a modern player in the woodworking market and a high-quality plywood manufacturer, has been founded in 1997 and has been growing to be one of the world’s largest producers of natural birch plywood. Today the company has 7 mills, produces over 1 461 000 m3 of wood boards annually, and sells its end products to over 80 countries. Still today the company produces 100 % birch veneer of which it has over 200+ different board sizes and thicknesses.
The company´s production system has ISO-9001 compliance approved by the German TUV certification center and all the products are confirmed for human health by Russian and international certificates. SVEZA is also committed to using forest resources responsibly and its products are made from FSC™ certified raw materials.
SVEZA´s mills are located around the Russian Federation in areas that are naturally rich in birch woods which gives the company ideal positions from a logistical point of view. SVEZA´s mills can be found in St. Peterburg, Kostroma, Novator, Uralskiy, Manturovo, Verhnaya Sinyachiha, and Tyumen. Each of these mills can produce over 100 000 m3 of plywood annually.
The company´s highly skilled staff keep up their craft by relying on long term family tradition and continuous learning. The high quality of finished products is also maintained by using the most advanced equipment and precision instruments in peeling and drying, clipping, surfacing-and-jointing, and sanding.
As company values, SVEZA has emphasized the meaning of environmental care, respect for its people, reliability for clients, high determination for achieving even the most ambitious goals, and high efficiency in building processes and using resources.
Cutting packaging costs with CW Board Packaging
By living up to the set values of high efficiency and environmental care SVEZA has invested in Cross Wrap Board Packaging. The first four CW lines have now been delivered to three different locations and three of the lines are in full operation and one is waiting for the final launch. The first installed Cross Wrap Board Packaging line for SVEZA started its operation on the 18th of July 2019 at the Kostroma mill.
The company has set up a plan to incorporate Cross Wrap Board Packaging to all its mills. The whole investment for the Kostroma mill project was approximately 60 million rubles, which is a perfect example of how the company is doing large but critical and precise plans for updating its operating models and machinery.
By shifting to use Cross Wrap Board Packaging instead of plywood packages SVEZA can release up to 3,5 % from its main production capacity and reduce packaging costs as much as 2 ½ times, with the help of lowered consumption of packaging materials.
All the installed CW Board Packaging Lines have been engineered to fit the specific mill equipment, production capacities, and facilities. This custom Cross Wrap solution engineering benefits SVEZA to use as much of its old machinery as possible and to upgrade to new packaging solutions with minimum impacts on the facilities in use.
Other benefits arise from the reduced need for manual packaging and from the overall improvement in the package quality. As the Cross Wrap packaging solution offers all sides waterproof protection to the plywood it helps to improve products storing and transport.
Now SVEZA can also run their production lines with high automation and ease with reduced efforts in packaging labor and materials. This is possible because of the Cross Wrap Board Packaging lines automatic package size program operation and the fact that the Cross Wrap packaging only uses fully recyclable wrapping film and optional wooden bottom skids which help in package handling and lifting.
– As for now we can see clear benefits in automatic cross wrapping and will truly use this packaging method throughout our facilities to improve product shelf life, transporting possibilities, and to cut back packaging costs and to improve our production capacity, SVEZA´s Kostroma Mill Director Mr. Viktor Tikhonov says.
Sveza in a nutshell:
- Company: SVEZA
- Material: Birch plywood
- Company Output: 1 461 000 m3 plywood per year
- Mills: 7 different locations
- Package Size: 200+ different sizes and thicknesses
- CW Machine(s): 4 x CW 2500, Board Packaging Lines (2019), Other lines will be installed later.
- Russian plywood manufacturer SVEZA invested in automatic Cross Wrap Board Packaging and is going to implement this packaging solution in all their mill locations across Russia.